Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Love Affair


Do you ever have this idea in your head that you can't precisely put into words? Something you like, that you can't precisely pinpoint, but you know there's something about it that makes you go "Hmm..." with a little head nod. Well, thank you, Made in Shoreditch, because you found for me the word that sums up what I LOVE: Lolita. You may have picked up on my love of the overly sugary, the uber feminine, and old timey stuff. Well Lolita fashions sum all that up, and damnit, I embrace it. I especially love that the Japanese have taken that shit and run, as I love most things Japanese. They started me off with a love of anime and manga (thank you, Sailor Moon), so I guess it only makes sense that the Japanese would continue to fill my life with joy (a.k.a. frilly girly things taken to otaku-levels).

Thank you Japan. It's only appropriate that I show you my love after accidentally rubbing up against so many of your people today outside Carnegie Hall.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails