Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Magical reunion with my sewing machine

Last night was my first night with the sewing machine. It has been a long time coming, but the joyous reunion of girl and machine occurred last night. Please understand that I moved into my first apartment this past week, and have been living with an air mattress and a half-empty box of pasta. So yesterday involved my sewing machine, light from the distant hallway, and my ass on the borrowed air mattress. Baby's been a little tempramental, so it was difficult getting anything done.

Time away from the machine was productive, however. Before I figured out the machine was going to be a little brat, I focused on knitting and crocheting. I began many projects, but had this habit of running out of yarn at least 3/4 of the way through said projects. So now it's a matter of waiting around until the paycheck comes and I can buy more of the same, delicious yarn. This yarn addiction is dangerous, particularly when there are incredible small yarn shops dotted along the city.

But we're uniting the two worlds with some new scarves I'm working on: crocheted with strips of fabric coursing through. I'm excited for the finished product! That, and upcoming photo shoots! wh00t!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails