Sunday, March 15, 2009

Silk painting for the children

After two years of working to get food on the proverbial table and letting art supplies gather dust, I picked up the paintbrushes and applied dye to silk again. I've been working for a few weekends on it, and am finally done! The silk painting, a medium I have been so excited to connect with again, will be donated to Spiro Art's 2nd Annual Arts Auction and Gala: Bringing Art to Life. The event takes place this coming Friday, March 20th, and the silent auction and par-tay are going down in Park City, Utah (HQ of the Sundance Film Festival). Money raised goes to help fund their artists' residency programs, a check plus in my book. My friend, Adam, first told me about it and also donated his own work. Check out his piece, as it kicks a good amount of ass.

Below are pictures from the past few weeks, and check out my flickr account for more.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails