Saturday, April 04, 2009

Swooning Over: Jumpsuits

At first I didn't understand, and then they started cropping up everywhere. The more I saw them, the more the cuter ones started rising to the surface, and now, I see them everywhere. And you know, that's not a bad thing.
Born in the 60s and revived in the 80s, the resurgance of the jumpsuit makes sense, as it seems the latter part of this decade is all about probing the 80s for anything that HASN'T already been milked for all it's worth. It can also be referred to as a playsuits, and there's a version called the catsuit (which is skintight, and I'm still deciding if I'm ok with that).

It takes certain body types to successfully pull off jumpsuits, and I'm comforted by the fact that the likes of Freddie Mercury and Goldfrapp have donned them. A few weeks ago I hung out with Lani, the co-author of Sugar Rock Catwalk, a fashion/style/cool-stuff blog, and she, too, was wearing one, giving me faith that normal people can wear them with confidence, too! And hey, with affordable options like those from I'm Your Present, I'm hoping a jumpsuit is in my near future.

The images above are from all over the internet, adding to my conviction that these things are two seconds away from blowing up (the fact that Lani was already wearing one proves she's a psychic). Here's a guide to those pics:

1. I'm Your Present's Polka Dot Playsuit 2. Lani's outfit the night I realized jumpsuits deserve a thumbs up 3. Frilly jumpsuit care of Shona Joy 4. Navy jumpsuit by Valerie Dumaine

1 comment:

Lani said...

cute post! i love the mini frill one, #3.

i'm so happy jumpsuits have found their way back into fashion. :) even if they aren't the most practical for a night of drinking... haha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails