Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bust Spring Fling Craftacular

One of the amazing perks of living in the NYC is having so much crafty, quirky and whimsical stuff available almost anywhere you turn. And today, my friends, was an event that brought it all together in its full indie glory: Bust's Spring Fling Craftacular.

This year, the Craftacular was "Garden Party" themed with demos on vegan cooking, clothing and accessories made from all-natural and organic resources, and tons of kitschy floral decorations. A select number of vendors, the creme of the crop, I'd say, from showings like the Renegade Craft Fair, were tightly packed into The Warsaw in Brooklyn, a space vaguely reminiscent of a dimly lit school gym during a science fair. Elaine (my partner in crime for the day) and I trolled the aisles and found fantastic jewelry from Erica Weiner and Ach Ach Liebling, fanciful perspex necklaces from Brookadelphia, a crap-ton of screenprinted anything-you-can-think-of, showgirl-style headbands, and the cutest freaking cupcakes from ninecakes (chocolate and rosewater?! Wha?!).

My favorite purchase was from Digby & Iona, an emerald cut beauty in sterling silver and gunmetal (check out the sexy pic from their site on the left). I've been stalking them since I saw their stuff at the New Designer's Market in SoHo, and was determined to make one of their rings mine. Is it wrong that I didn't actually know how much I paid for it until I got the credit card receipt via email after I got home? WHATEVER, I had my eyes on the prize.

And I got a free tote. I win!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails